- Vaccinations are recommended against Polio, Tetanus and Hepatitis A & B. Also, the Typhus vaccination is recommended if you plan to venture outside of tourist areas, especially in the wet season
- Prevention against Diseases transmitted by mosquitoes is strongly advised as Sri Lanka is a Tropical country, especially during the rainy season. As precautions could be taken by using mosquito repellent whenever you are outdoors or visiting rural areas.
- Gampaha, Colombo, Kalutara, Galle, city of Kandy and Nuwara Eliya districts are considered malaria free. Anti-Malaria pills are warranted for trips to the north but may not be available locally. A Yellow Fever vaccination certificate is required from travelers over 1 year of age coming from infected Nations.
A Yellow Fever vaccination certificate is required from travelers over 1 year of age coming from infected Nations.
Airport clearance process
- If you are one who is under continued medication, please carry sufficient supplies of medicine for the number of days you will spend in Sri Lanka. Carrying history reports of ailment and medication will be helpful.
- Contact numbers, email ids of friends or relatives
- Since Sri Lanka experiences tropical warm climatic conditions, Light cotton wear is most suitable. If your tour includes a visit to the hill country, light warm clothes are recommended. Hat or Cap, Sun Glasses, Flip Flop Sandals, Walking Shoes. Swim Suites are useful items during your stay in Sri Lanka.
- Sun Tan Lotion, Moisturizing cream, Sun Screen cream and mosquito repellants are freely available in most stores, but you are advised to carry your own commodities if particular about brands.
- Adding Camera, Binoculars and Flash Light into your list could be a useful idea.
- Batteries for all electrical and electronic equipment could be purchased locally. SCUBA diving, Snorkeling and Surfing equipment are available for hire at most resorts.